Rafferty Steeplejacks would like to wish their customers, suppliers and everyone associated with the company a happy and prosperous new year. We look forward to working with you during our 68th year in business.
The 8 week contract, which began in August, involved;
– replacement of cast iron capping sections
– concrete repair works
– complete re-painting of the chimney
– internal plating repairs to steel flue inlets
The image to the left shows the chimney on successful completion of works.
Earlier in the year Rafferty Steeplejacks were awarded a contract by the NHS to dismantle the 52m high redundant multi flue steel chimney at Royal Stoke University Hospital. Throughout our history the company has been responsible for drastically changing the local skyline and the successful completion of this contract saw the skyline of Stoke-on-Trent transformed once again.
Rafferty’s are seeking to employ a level 3 rope access technician with working experience in the steeplejack and lightning protection industry.
For all enquiries please contact Carl Woodroffe or Alex Bradley in our contracts department.
The project was carried out over a 10 week period by Rafferty’s own team of specialist steeplejacks and qualified welders. The work carried out included the following;
– Installation of all specialised access equipment and scaffolding required to carry out the works in a safe manner.
– Structural overplating works to the chimney’s 6 No. flange connections.
– Repairs to 5 No. internal liners.
– Installation of new liner drainage system.
– Manufacture & installation of new access hatch.
– Re-painting the full height of the chimney windshield.