Rafferty Steeplejacks have successfully completed repair works to a 50m high brick chimney in Swadlincote, Derbyshire, UK.
The work carried out on the chimney was independently inspected and verified by the client and a structural engineer namely, John Turner (Engineering Consultants) Ltd, to which we achieved complete satisfaction from all parties involved. John Turner had this to say on completion of the contract;
“Rafferty’s are to be congratulated on completion of the project safely and to good quality”
The work to the chimney consisted of the following;
– 150sqm of repointing
– Repairs to external cracks
– Replacement of damaged bricks
– Manufacture & replacement of defective retaining bands and vertical straps
– Manufacture and installation of new stainless steel capping plate
– Upgrade of Lightning Protection System
The following photographs show the chimney on completion of the works.