Earlier in the year Rafferty Steeplejacks were awarded a contract by the NHS to dismantle the 52m high redundant multi flue steel chimney at Royal Stoke University Hospital. Throughout our history the company has been responsible for drastically changing the local skyline and the successful completion of this contract saw the skyline of Stoke-on-Trent transformed once again.
Posts tagged "hospital"
The project was carried out over a 10 week period by Rafferty’s own team of specialist steeplejacks and qualified welders. The work carried out included the following;
– Installation of all specialised access equipment and scaffolding required to carry out the works in a safe manner.
– Structural overplating works to the chimney’s 6 No. flange connections.
– Repairs to 5 No. internal liners.
– Installation of new liner drainage system.
– Manufacture & installation of new access hatch.
– Re-painting the full height of the chimney windshield.